The TP Transcription team were busy on Friday night – transcribing the Virgin Media British Academy Television Awards 2020 for BAFTA, concentrating particularly on the Winners’ Acceptance Speeches. The transcripts have gone live on the BAFTA website.
The aim of providing transcription services to BAFTA was to enable the media to be able to see a text version of the winners’ speeches straight after they had been delivered. This was because a lot of the media were absent from segments of the live broadcast as they were attending digital press conferences being held after each award. The work was fast and furious to say the least!
It was an incredibly busy evening, but very rewarding and entertaining for our transcribers to be completing the speech to text transcripts in real time so that BAFTA could post them directly into the media centre ready for the press to use. Quite a lot of the acceptance speeches were 30 seconds or less but the main awards were longer. One of the difficulties was identifying the multiple speakers for some of the awards as this was a BAFTA ceremony with a difference – it was all done remotely.
You can see our work here: http://www.bafta.org/media-centre/transcripts
Individual Winners’ Acceptance Speeches are here:
- Taskmaster for Comedy Entertainment
- Strictly Come Dancing for Entertainment Programme
- Emmerdale for Soap or Continuing Drama
- Rugby World Cup Final 2019 for Sport
- Sky News – Hong Kong for News Coverage
- Undercover – Inside China’s Digital Gulag for Current Affairs
- The Last Survivors – Single Documentary
- Leaving Neverland, Factual Series
- The Left Behind, Single Drama
- Brain in Gear, Short Film Programme
- Blue Planet Live, Live Event
- Stath Lets Flats – Scripted Comedy
- The End of the F***g World, Drama Series
- Yorkshire Ripper Files, Specialist Factual
- Jared Harris, Chernobyl, Leading Actor
- Will Sharpe, Giri/Haji, Supporting Actor
- Glenda Jackson, Elizabeth is Missing, Leading Actress
- Idris Elba, Special Award
- Gavin & Stacey, Must See Moment
- Chernobyl, Mini Series
- Jamie Demetriou – Stath Lets Flats, Male in a Comedy
- Romesh Ranganathan, Features
- Sian Clifford – Fleabag, Female in a Comedy
- Naomi Ackie – The End of the F****g World, Best Supporting Actress
- Race Across the World, Reality and Constructed Factual
- Mo Gilligan – The Late-ish Show, Entertainment & Performance
One of the advantages of using a transcription company to do these types of transcripts is the accuracy level, particularly when participants speak over the top of each other, plus the speed we can get the transcripts completed, checked and sent across.
Feedback from Niamh Eastbrook from Multitude Media Company :
“Sorry been absolutely flat out so haven’t had a chance to check in – wanted to say a HUGE thank you to you and the team for all of your hard work this evening. You’ve done such a stellar job getting these over so quickly and it has been so valuable, so thanks again. “
“Thank you so so much! And thanks again for all of your help, you and the team did such a wonderful job getting the transcripts over so quickly last night – it was so valuable.”
If you would like our team of transcribers to transcribe your live event, please get in touch with our Managing Director, Anna Gresty.